Nicaragua Predictions 2011
It’s that time of year when the predictions begin. I can tell because I’ve been perusing The World in 2011 and, by the way, it didn’t say too much about Nicaragua. Typical! That's just not right! This situation must be corrected! So, suitably inspired, I’ve decided to make my own list of predictions:
- We will learn there was no intention to build a canal on the Rio San Juan. It was all a fight for control over the river’s entrance for tourism control.
- Consumers will finally see more reliable electrical power by April.
- Phil will be back on-line by… May.
- Conspiracies involving Iran and Russia will prove untrue.
- Tourism numbers will be noticeably higher than in 2010. Despite all the hard work in Nicaragua, Survivor will get credit for it.
- Everyone will be nervous over the pre-election violence.
- North America will enter a double-dip recession. Nicaragua will benefit as its ex-pats return and foreigners continue to retire there.
- Nicaragua will make important progress towards agricultural self-sufficiency.
- Someone will comment that I never mentioned the election results